Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Glorious Auraknot

The newest official Zentangle Tangle has been named; it's official! Auraknot. I LOVE this new tangle! Read all about it here. Congratulations to Mattie Arnold for coming up with the winning name, and to Jeanne Kero for figuring out how Rick & Maria draw it. You can see Jeanne's step-outs here. I was sooooooo "off" in my efforts to figure it out--but I had so much fun trying!

And, yet, I am a WINNER!!! YAY! While I did not deconstruct and diagram it correctly, nor did I come up with the winning name, I was one of the folks who did actually submit my efforts to the new tangle contest...and so, my name went into a drawing, and was one of five drawn for a bonus prize! Yippee!!! I don't know what it is, but I'll let you know when it arrives. :-)

So here is my first tile featuring Auraknot:

 

I completed the entire tile in the waiting room while my C-gal (that's Caroline) was having oral surgery this morning. Nothing serious, just a step in her orthodontic plan, but it did involve tooth removal and putting a chain on another tooth that has not yet ascended into place and was heading in the wrong direction. She had to have general anesthesia and get stitches--both of which were firsts for her. She did great, and the tangling helped keep me calm as she was in surgery.

Before I go, I have another Cool WiP tile to share:
I had started this one for the Tanglation Nation: Cadent challenge (#75)
Like most of my Cool WiP tiles, it still needs shading.

Also, I finished my Pietro di Fiore tile; you can see it here, along with another Cool WiP tile.

As always, I'd be so happy if you left me a comment. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Your auraknot is fabulous - great symmetry and intricacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning. That's always fun no matter the prize. Your ZIA is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first tangle is simply wonderful. The shading (I have yet to venture into shading) is fantastic and just makes it bounce off the page. I love how small you've done Auraknot in the second one too, such attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kooky, thank you for your kind words! That second one was actually drawn way before Auraknot was introduced, so it was not intentional. But maybe I chose this particular work-in-progress to pair with my Auraknot post because there is a visual relationship that I wasn't even conscious of!

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with Auraknot! Adding the little triangle shapes almost gives it a Betweed look too. Great Cadent piece too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Auraknot and Betweed seem very related to me...it just seemed "right" to put the weighting there at those overlapping points!

      Delete
  5. It is truly glorious! I like the Rounding bits you did, or triangles, or Betweedy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're Auraknot is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! I've been practicing the Auraknot for a week now and it still looks lumpy...yours is "glorious". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your auraknot is stunning. So uniform; and I like the little betweed triangles you added; and the shading is perfect.

    ReplyDelete