Sunday, July 13, 2014

Crush on Crux

The latest Diva challenge (#175) introduced me to a new tangle, and I have a huge crush on it!

Crux is brought to us by Henrike Bratz (of Germany, if I am not mistaken). It is a great-looking tangle, and offers grand opportunities for a variation. I had a hard time deciding which finishing touches to use, and I think I would have been happy with numerous options. I am certain I will have fun playing with this pattern!

In addition to crux: keeko, crescent moon, ahh, and hurry

As I'm putting my links in, I read a little note on Henrike's blog stating, "7.5.14 Linda Farmer just gave me the information that Crux is not a new pattern but a variation of 4 Corners, which I didn't know. She's right, but the emphasis on the cross is still a nice variation, so enjoy." 

4 Corners is a tangle developed by Barbara Finwell of Fallbrook, California. Another tangle that I was not familiar with! It's my opinion that Crux and 4 Corners are distinct enough to be considered different tangles, and I really like them both.

I hope each one of you is enjoying a delightful summer! Mine is flying by far too quickly. When will I find the time to update you on my adventures? I have been on two trips since my last post, and hope to write about them before the end of summer. And there will be one more trip: a very special trip that  will be taking place before my kids head back to school. So my attention is diverted from blogging, but I will have much to blog about upon my return! 

I will leave you with a teaser: soon there will be a Diva Challenge guest post from yours truly. I don't know which week it will "go live" but I am very excited and can't wait to see what that tangle world does with the challenge that I throw out to you!





4 comments:

  1. I like your variation of Crux and Crescent Moon. I'm looking forward to 'your' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne!
      And my guest post is up! Challenge #176...hopefully this link will work:
      http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/2014/07/weekly-challenge-176.html

      Delete
  2. Very lovely variation of Crux! I like it!

    ReplyDelete